This is a valuable resource√ñto help prepare advanced practice nurses with the skills necessary to navigate the healthcare arena. The editors and contributors are experienced advanced practice nurses with valuable information to share with novice practitioners.” Score: 100, 5 stars.√≥Doody’s Medical Reviews
Now in its fourth edition, this highly acclaimed book remains the key title serving graduate-level advanced practice nurses (APNs) and recent graduates about to launch their careers. The book outlines what is required of the APN, with guidelines for professional practice for each of the four APN roles: the nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist, certified nurse midwife, and certified registered nurse anesthetist.
Advanced Practice Nursing focuses not only on the care and management of patients, but also on how to meet the many challenges of the rapidly changing health care arena. Obtaining certification, navigating reimbursement, and translating research into practice are just a few of the challenges discussed.
- Essential information on educational requirements and certification
- Advice on how to make the transition into professional practice
- Guidelines for ethical and clinical decision making
- Discussions on the DNP and CNL roles in AP nursing
- Updated and revised content on leadership development, regulation, informatics, health care organization, and health care policy