For more than 65 years, Alexander’s Care of the Patient in Surgery has been a trusted source for detailed information on perioperative nursing. Well-known author and educator Jane C. Rothrock sets up a solid foundation for practice, and offers step-by-step instructions for over 400 surgical interventions as well as many minimally invasive surgical procedures, all backed by the latest research. More than 1,000 full-color illustrations and photos depict procedures and methods, as well as surgical anatomy and instrumentation. This edition adds Rapid Response Team boxes with suggested interventions, plus coverage of new trends in patient and staff safety, the increase in interventional radiology, and the growth of outpatient ambulatory surgery. Alexander’s gives you the tools you need to provide safe, cost-effective, high-quality patient care.
- Cutting-edge information keeps you up to date with the latest technological advances related to surgical procedures, both invasive and non-invasive, including areas such as interventional radiology.
- 1,250 full-color illustrations and photos show surgical anatomy, instrumentation, procedures, and methods.
- Over 400 specialty surgical interventions are included, as well as many minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- A full-color design highlights special features and makes it easier to focus on essential concepts.
- Patient and Family Education boxes include specific guidelines for preprocedural and postprocedural care, side effects and complications, home care, discharge/follow-up care, psychosocial care, and referrals