Governmental Accounting Made Easy, Second Edition equips you with the tools you need to run the financial and accounting operations within your organization. This complete and straightforward manual covers a broad range of governmental accounting topics that fall under the Governmental Accounting Standards Board, and its recently revised financial reporting model.
Boiling down the complicated details of governmental accounting into manageable essentials, author Warren Ruppel, a leading authority on governmental accounting, offers practical information in easy-to-understand terminology. Even if you do not have a professional understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting, the Second Editionmakes it all clear with accounting rules explained in terms anyone can understand, to help you better fulfill your managerial and fiduciary duties.
Always practical and never over-technical, this helpful guide:
- Discusses basic accounting terminology
- Clearly explains fund accounting
- Covers the nuts and bolts of governmental financial statements
- Equips you to understand the reporting entity
- Discusses revenues from non-exchange transactions
- Helps you become conversant in various accounting topics