Test Bank for Introduction to Audiology Today 1st edition by Hall
Table of Contents
Fill in the Blank
- Audiologists are responsible for caring for persons with ____________.
- _____________ is considered to be the Father of Audiology.
- Over the age of 75 years, the proportion of adults with hearing loss is approximately ___________.
- Up to _____in 1000 children is born with some degree of hearing impairment.
- The medical specialty that treats diseases of the ear is called ______________.
- In the United States, audiometers started being used in clinical hearing assessment during the 19___s.
- The first academic program in audiology was established by Raymond Carhart at ___________ University.
- One of the first hearing research centers in the United States was ______ at Harvard University.
- Harvey Fletcher worked at the _______ Laboratories.
- An audiologist and mentee of Raymond Carhart who is particularly well-known for developing clinical diagnostic hearing tests is _____________.
- Audiologists started becoming involved in the fitting and dispensing of hearing aids in the 19___s.
- A professional who has expertise in providing patient services along with research education and experience is termed a __________________.
- Audiologists who choose to work with manufacturers of hearing aids and related equipment are called ___________ audiologists.
True or False:
- Audiologists are non-physician healthcare professionals who treat hearing loss with techniques other than medicine or surgery.
- Which of the following is a true specialty area in audiology?
- Pediatric audiology
- Hearing testing
- Working in a medical clinic